my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Thursday, October 29, 2009

In search of Dorothy...

I'm sick. Or. I have a sinus infection. It started on Monday so I began taking antibiotics right away (left over from my last infection several months ago. yes yes. i know what you're thinking. "you're supposed to finish it all up" blah blah blah. yeah well. i'm glad i didn't cuz now i have some! saves me a doctor's visit. i don't have insurance so it's expensive people!). Anyway, my head is thick, that's the best way to describe it. My week has been fast but slow at the same time. During the day I've been doing orders and working on Halloween costumes (more trouble than it's worth, I can assure you!) and then I've been torching at night. Long days. Ready for a break.

There's light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Today I ran into town looking for a Dorothy costume for Nadine. I found several but they didn't have her size, only toddler sizes. ::sigh:: The Dorothy costume they did have was completely inappropriate. I was even shocked at what they had in Natalie's size, ridiculous. Dorothy was a girl, not a woman. ::sigh:: It really depressed me so I was back to the drawing board. Tonight's job is to finish the costume. I'm totally procrastinating. I love to sew, don't get me wrong, but my head is fuzzy and I just don't feel like myself, however duty calls. boo. hiss. A six year old should LOOK like a six year old. Don't ya think?


This was what I was looking for...




This was what I found...



This one isn't horrible, but it has too much of a barmaid look to it. I'm not into that. I don't like the top at all. And it's too short. Dorothy did NOT look like this.

Dorothy looked like this.


Notice her longer dress and high-neck-line shirt? Yeah. Why can't these makers leave things as they should be? Huh? (I'm a bit annoyed, can you tell?)
Well, I need to go. Work to do. Wish me luck.

I put a new pair of earrings in the shoppe. They're lovely. :)

1 comment:

Liberty :) said...

I'm off to a fancy dress party on Saturday and all the boys have duly noted and felt sorry for us girls that the only real choices we have for costumes are completely indecent. I never knew little red riding hood could look like THAT! Even worse that they have child sizes in indecent outfits :( Hope you find one. Earrings are lovely as ever!