my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Saturday, June 5, 2010

a weekend of joy...

first, it was our last week of school... so Summer joy is on its way!
i'm so glad too, because i need a break. lol!

and then... the boy decided to get a hair cut. seven inches gone.

from this...

to this.

(he wasn't thrilled about me taking his pic, he was busy working on something, lol)

Two years ago Nathaniel asked if he could grow his hair out. Most parents would say no. It didn't bother me when he wanted to grow out his hair, and I was prepared for shaggy and shabby and gross. lol But ya know? It was so far from that. But it turns out his long hair was awesome and really cool, except he was hot and really sweaty in the Summer months. lol He would be dripppping with sweat and I told him he should put his locks in a pony tail. Yeah. He wasn't goin' for that. Hey, Casey James from American Idol can do it, so why can't my boy? lol Just sayin'.

Anyway, I like his new look. Almost didn't recognize him the morning after. Cracked me up! It suits him and although I'm not sure how long this shortness will stick around, I'm happy to see the change.

*
I spent last night with a lot of little girls and their Moms at an overnight for Girl Scouts, our last big "bash" of the year. It was a lot of fun and we had no rain, how wonderful is that? The tents we brought were all taken over by our girls and those who didn't bring tents slept under the sky... in my tent there were eight little girls. Eight. I think my tent is a four man tent. lol So it was fun to see. I was outside on the ground and um? I'm not a happy camper when it comes to camping in general and then to tell me I'll be on the ground sleeping? Yeah. lol I didn't do too badly, and mostly in part because my company was fun. We Moms stayed up talking until 5:30 in the morning, right about the time our eyes were closing a train came through the area and blew its horn! Oh my word! It was so loud. Then Jeff began texting me "you awake?" lol


girls getting ready for line dancing... even though you cannot tell, there are more than 300 girls at this event, scattered all over the stadium and wow, was it loud. lol


tents put up everywhere on the Lexington Legends baseball field at Applebee's Park

i will not discuss how this was my first time putting up a tent...it wasn't too hard but i'm still going to leave it to The Man for future uploads. lol


tents everwhere! so much fun!

*

While we were at our all-nighter...
Jeff and Nathaniel went to the Relay for Life all-night walk-a-thon...

they had some downtime between walking... playing on their iTouches and drinking sugary pop to name a couple...good times

but the real reason for the walk was to remember those who are still fighting the fight...

and those who have gone before us... we honor their memory
now and always.

i hope your week has been as wonderful as ours...
may your Sunday be filled with joy, friends and family and laughter

2 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a handsome son you have!! I know you are proud of him. And that camp out looks pretty amazing. What fun! I have 2 girls who were Girl Scouts, but we never did anything on that large of a scale. What fun!!! You have such a lovely family. Love & blessings from NC!

Christine said...

Laurie, I just love your kids! As you, Jeff, Melanie, and I talked at church yesterday, they were so good-not obnoxious and nosy! You and Jeff have done such a fine job with them. I LOVE your blog, and love Nathaniels new look!