my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Friday, July 2, 2010

My week went by so fast.

We've been busy around here. Seriously. (gutting a bathroom. ack!)

I can't say that Jeff has been all too thrilled with my insistence of gutting the kid's bathroom, but he's been a good sport and continues to plug along. It has given us both insight to the next (if there is a next) project, that we will not be doing it ourselves. Jeff is great with tools, but I think it's just a lot of work when you don't exactly know (i mean, REALLY know) what you're doing. He's certainly handy! The thought of gutting the master bathroom is daunting, to say the very least. ::sigh:: Old homes can sure come with aches and pains. lol

Next week my family will be gone. The littler girls will head to camp and the rest of the crew will be going to Dayton to spend some time with Jeff's Mom. They'll be going to King's Island and having fun without me. (truth be told, i am looking forward to it, but only because i get to play with beads by myself ... endless amounts of time just working with beads ... ahhhh the thought makes me giddy).

So, look for a LOT of great things next week, and don't be surprised if you see some new things too. I'm glad so many of you liked the hand-felted wool earrings... they flew right off the shelves and orders are now being worked on for more. They're coming! They're coming! :) Necklaces too.

Change of topic...

Here's a glance at a photo I found an old memory card the other day (back when 128mb was really big!) and it had some wonderful photos that I forgot that I even had.

We had just brought Nadine home from the hospital... Nathaniel was five, getting ready to begin Kindergarten in a couple months. Nadine was born on July 23rd, so her birthday is just around the corner. It just makes me realize how small they all were at one time and how I miss their faces. I don't miss babies...I miss the faces of my babies. They were so sweet.

Our boy (now 12) is usually a great big brother, I'm sure he'll be even better as the years go by, because our children are so close in age. He was so proud this day. You can see it on his face. He's just so sweet. Tomorrow he returns from 4H camp and I sure hope he had a great time. I always loved camp.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back next week with some lovely things. Stay tuned...

No comments: