my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update. Eyes. Baseball.

Phew! It's been a while since I posted, but I had to give an update from my anniversary weekend. :) It was wonderful. Our friends, Chuck and Missy gave us a night at Marriott's Griffin Gate hotel here in Lexington so Jeff and I could get away for our anniversary. It was a wonderful act of friendship and we are so grateful to have such beautiful people in our lives.

So, Chuck and Missy gave us a wonderful gift, my parents sent us some anniversary money to use for dinner and such and my mother-in-law came to stay with the kids while we were gone and even took us out to dinner on Sunday afternoon. It can't get any better than that! Thank you, thank you! We appreciate you so much.

The weekend was lovely. We had 24 hours away from everything and boy, what a change for us, we who hadn't been on a date in over a year. :) Jeff and I went out to dinner, but mainly we stayed in our hotel ::wink wink:: and um? It was awesome.

On Sunday we came back and took all the kids to see dog's herd sheep out at Masterson Station, you know, "that'll do pig"... stuff like that. I don't know what it's called but it was terrific to watch! My MIL has photos so as soon as she sends them to me, I'll post them! :)

Eyes.

Over the last couple of years my eyes have been bothering me, I think because I'm always on the computer and then always working with detailed things... etc. So, I'm probably stressing them out. Today while shopping at Michael's I found a pink pair of reading glasses and tried them on. Oh my! Not only were they pink, but I could see! ::sigh:: So, I will be going to the eye doctor this week to see about getting "real" glasses. It will be a first for me, but since I'm in my 38th year (as my Dad always says), I figure it might be time to get some glasses to help with the strain on my eyes. I'll see if Moon will snap my photo when I get new glasses. :)

Baseball.

We're in full baseball swing here. I enjoy it! Nathaniel's on the big-kid-league (I don't know what else they call it... Majors?) and tonight they won their first game! How exciting! He got to bat 4 times and I have to admit, I sure do like it a lot better than football. Remember all of that? Phew. What a mess. I so enjoy baseball. The best thing is, you know your kid will eventually get a turn at bat and get to play in the outfield our wherever. Plus, I like the atmosphere and the all-American-feel to it. :) Gotta love that.

So, that's it. :) All of the items purchased last week will be shipping tomorrow. Be on the look-out!

Talk to you tomorrow,
laurie

ps: an update on jack-jack... his ears are beginning to stand up on their own. :) one is almost all the way up and the other is working on it. jack's learning his name now but still doesn't come when you call, although I think that has more to do with being stubborn than anything. LOL

No comments: