my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Carol Decker - Silent Auction

I first heard about Carol Decker 0n the news last year and have been reading their blog ever since, and have talked about their story to my friends from time to time. When I'm feeling low or down on myself, I think of Carol, who's an inspiration to me... of strength and hope.

Carol's blog is on my reel to the right of the page, definitely check them out. :) Anyway, many people are having a silent auction for her and although I've not contributed to it, I thought it necessary to post here in the hopes of spreading the word further.

Carol, through a series of set-backs during her pregnancy, she lost an arm, both of her legs and her vision. This last year has truly been a tough time for her, and her husband Scott has been there every step of the way. They have two gorgeous daughters and are taking life one day at a time.

If you can, please donate to their cause. 100% of the funds raised will go to Carol so that she can continue with her therapies (that are lengthy). I thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)



No comments: