my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Monday, August 17, 2009

10% off Custom Orders

Hello everyone!

It is SO hot. I cannot stand it. YUCK!!! I ran some errands today and nearly melted. ick. I am in the mood for a cuppie but alas, I've started Weight Watchers so they're OUT for me for a while. Wha!!!

In the last month, I have become increasingly busy and have decided that after September 15th I will no longer take custom work. I will however, repeat work on my site, but I will no longer take on custom pieces for clients. It's just getting more difficult to meet the time-constraints as it usually takes me three to five weeks to complete a project.

So, if you're someone who wants a custom piece, you're going to want to get on the list before September 15th. I will take them one-at-a-time and once they're finished, that's it. It's something I have been thinking of for quite some time. I miss just making things that I want to make, or make a bracelet because I read a book or just because I am in the mood to make a certain color.

Last year around Christmastime, I was feverishly working right up until Christmas Eve and I vowed this year to not do that. I didn't get my Christmas tree up until two weeks before Christmas and in years past I put it up on Halloween! lol Not that I want to go back to THAT, but I would love to have it up by Thanksgiving.

Also, by not doing custom work, I'll be filling my shoppe with more things and they'll either be one-of-a-kinds or orders-available, and that will make a lot of you happy. Especially those of you who write me often to say that my shoppe is empty! lol (I am sorry! I'm working on it!)

So that's what's been on my mind. If you want to place a custom order I will do 10% off after we finalize all the details, etc. Thank you for being so patient with me and I look forward to a new phase for Laurie Gale Designs.

Have a great night! :)


No comments: