my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Technology woes.

There's always something, right?

Because our internet wasn't working as fast as it should, we decided to have Time Warner come out here and do some fixing. They came out yesterday along with a Vonage guy to set up the new box they gave us. I don't know how these things work, I don't. All I know is that I want a fast internet connection and the ability to talk to people on the phone.

Vonage is a VOIP (voice over internet protocol) so that basically means I'm talking to people through my computer. :) It's cheap, like 25 bucks a month for all the cool stuff you get with other phones. We've had this for six years and have loved it...until now, that is.

So I've been busy the last few days and haven't been on the phone at all nor have I made many calls, like two. My Dad calls today and we're chatting about my inbox being filled to the brim and bouncing emails back (nice) and then the call dropped. ? I'm talking to myself for like a minute when i finally realize that I am. the. only. one. on. the. phone. lol So I try to call him back. And a voice over the phone says,

"This telephone line is not recognized by the Vonage Network"

What? What the heck does that mean? And, to make matters worse, when you try to CALL the number BACK the line goes dead and you can't do anything. Nice. So I'm not too thrilled at the moment. This is going to be a real pain in the ba-hootie if I don't get this cleared up soon. Why is it that when you get some sort of new piece of technological hardware, that it takes forever to get all the bugs worked out of it? You know? Like Microsoft. Every time they put out a new platform for computers, the first series is always a dud. (ie: the iPhone... everyone who bought first-run iPhones said they had issues and to get the second series instead... you know, that sort of thing)

So...my friends in town and out-of-town, if you try to call and I can't talk to you...this is why. So call my cell. lol I'll have it with me and not in my car. lol

Talk to you all later!

No comments: