my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday busy-ness. Missing cupcakes.


Hello!
Well I'm glad the weekend is over. It gets my schedule all thrown off when we have a day off from school. I hope you have a nice day. Mine started out rather busy, what with getting the kids off on time after our long weekend. It was difficult not yell at them.

Did you brush your teeth?

No. I forgot.

It's not like you just GREW teeth and didn't know what to do with them! ::sigh::

Okay.

Where are your shoes?

I don't know! I can't find them!

I think they're on the landing.

Okay.

Is your backpack ready and do you have your lunchbox?

No, not yet.

What!? Your Dad is going to leave any minute! You'll be left here and I am NOT going to take you to school and I won't feed you anything while you're here if you miss your ride!

Your shirt is on backwards.

Oh.

Who put the empty capri sun wrapper on the ice dispenser of the frig? That's not the trashcan.

Sorry.

Why is there yarn strewn all over the play room floor?

I don't know? I didn't do it.

Okay. Just go. Everyone leave. I need peace. I need quiet. I need a shower!

* * *

So, yeah. That's what just "some" of my morning sounded like. lol It wasn't all bad but I tell ya, there was a lot going on today.

My day is short but long. I'm working half of my day now and the other half later tonight because the kids have swimming and academic team and girl scouts. Fun! So, yeah. It's gonna be busy around here.

Oh, I finished my Girl Scouts blog. I think it turned out nicely. It's very similar to my own "work" blog, but that's how I roll. I like clean lines however, I did do a vintage look to the photos so they're a bit faded. I love this look. I plan on doing an entire album using this coloring. :) You can check it out here... www.simmonsbrownies.com You can see that I'll be busy with my girls! We have a lot of them too. I'm excited! I'll only be a leader for one year, thank goodness... at least I hope I'll only be a leader for one year. lol We'll see how it goes.
When I was at my Mom's last weekend, she didn't make cupcakes. It was a very sad moment, I tell you. Instead she made Hummingbird Cake. Do not ask me what that is because I don't know, but it was pretty good...moist, nutty and all that, but how can you compare Hummingbird Cake to Cupcakes? There's no comparison. I'm sorry. There's just not. So today? Today I plan to make cupcakes for dinner. :) They will not be nearly as good as my Mother's but I blame it on my oven. Oh, we won't just be eating cupcakes...we will have other food too...in case you thought that we were going to have cupcakes only. Silly! Of course not. lol You're so silly. Who would ever eat just cupcakes for dinner? Certainly not me. Definitely not.


No comments: