my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Things never really change...

::giggles:: I stole this photo from my High School friend, Kim. She posted this photo on her facebook file and I, for some reason, fell in love with the simple nostalgia of the scene.

The converse tennis shoes, embellished wide-legged jeans, t-shirts over long-sleeves, all make me love the photo, and let's not forget the Mom's vintage hair style as she looks on while the girls t-off for putt-putting. It's so seventies. It's so Brady Bunch (fake grass and all). It's so wonderful.
And who doesn't love putt-putting!?

Things never really change, do they? All fashion designers say that styles come around again and again, maybe slightly updated a bit, and this picture would certainly make that statement true. We're just mimicking our past and I love it.

I love my wide-legged jeans, and my new favorite thing is to put the short-sleeved shirt over long-sleeves. It's something I was always afraid to do due to my larger (18) size, so I stayed away from it. As I've gotten older (and certainly wiser) I have realized that it's not important to wear black all the time and cover your body in dark colors only to appear more thin. Who cares anyway? If you're that worried about what people think about what you're wearing, well you probably have a whole host of other issues that need fixing other than what color you're going to wear just to fit in. Now I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to be thin, because I sure would, but what I'm saying is that while I'm on that path I'm not going to look boring along the way.

There are some things I'd like to change, but the old styles can keep coming... except for stirrup pants and colored jeans. We don't need those back.

You all have a great day! I'm working. I'll have some specials up. Check back!


No comments: