my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Love Is Now Earrings

I hope you're enjoying your Sunday!

At our church, today we celebrated the start of Advent (the preparation of the Second Coming of Christ). And Purple is the color to represent this event, as it was the most costly dye in ancient times and was therefore used by kings to indicate their royal status. Purple also signifies the repentance of God's people as they patiently await the arrival of their Lord. I wore a purple shirt and sweater today to honor this time. :) And so in honor of today, I'm putting up a pair of earrings that are perfect for this celebration.

We're going to decorate our tree today. Last night I put the glass Christmas ball ornaments on it but tonight we'll put the various other things that we've collected throughout the years. I'm thinking I'll make hot chocolate and maybe the girls and I can bake cookies or muffins and of course we'll be watching Elf, no better movie to watch this time of year. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." :)

Jeff and Nathaniel have Youth Group so they won't be with us. I hate that they'll miss it but the girls and I will have a wonderful time together without them. ::giggles::


No comments: