my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Where have I been you ask? Oh wow, well here and there. Which translates to my bedroom, my mail closet and my bead room. I've been making beads and finishing orders and wishing for better lighting because I can't list any new things right now. It's just too bright and I can't get the pictures the way I want them. Oh well. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. Anyway...

So. I started a new book. For the last month I've been listening to fun things like Twilight book four (Breaking Dawn), Sookie Stackhouse (book one), Tuck Everlasting (love this book) but all the while longing for my Outlander series that I've forced myself to take a break from (at least until March). I'm sure you're thinking that's a silly idea and yes I do agree with you, but I'm just trying to make it last I guess. It's been fun to re-listen to some of my favorite series books and since I've already listened once, it's not like I have to pay close attention should someone come in and ask me a question (ie: Nathaniel). ha.

Someone told me about a book, The Help, by Stockett and I didn't think much of it at first because I knew it was a book about racial indifferences in the sixties. I tend to steer clear of controversial issues in my books and keep it easy... vampires, blood, daggers and such. But the comments on this particular book was really captivating and well, I decided to download it.

I'm now two hours in and I cannot stop listening. It's precious. It has such charm, and right from the beginning you fall in love with the first character "speaking". Aibileen. I can't wait to learn about them all. If you haven't read this one, you might want to try it out. It's a winner and I'm worried that I'll be sad when it's over. The stress...

New earrings coming. :)

Enjoy your Friday tomorrow. We're supposed to get five inches of snow. Please pray that we don't. lol

1 comment:

Liberty :) said...

ooh ive just got the sookie books they are fun! so different to true blood. mmmm eric!!