It still is good but I find myself being stressed over the dumbest things, things that in five years will make me say to myself, "why did I ever worry about that!?"
So I decided to do a simple flickr search for "toothpaste on floor" and low and behold... I found the above picture. It cracked me up because it made the world that much smaller, knowing somewhere else there's a mother just like me dealing with toothpaste on the floor (or in her case, toothpaste everywhere!). I deal with this all the time and it's nice to know others do too!
It made me want to compile a list of things that drive me a bit crazy right now and maybe I'll look back on this in the near future and be thrilled that I'd overcome the craziness and being so frustrated by it. Here goes.
- seeing smeared blue toothpaste on the bathroom floor and stepping in it
- finding wint-o-green mint wrappers everywhere in my dryer having already been through the wash
- wondering who thought it a good idea to leave pencil shavings all over the computer station
- asking why the barrage of flip flops are scattered all over the back yard and everyone saying "i don't know"
- living with dog hair. enough said.
- saying, "don't you want to have nice teeth for the rest of your life? or do you want fake teeth?" and realizing that they don't really care either way
- the little straw sleeves on juice boxes that get stuck to everything. everywhere. all. the. time.
- jackets. jackets. jackets. too. many. jackets.
- can someone PLEASE change the toilet paper roll? is that too much to ask? really? really?!
It's a good life. No doubt about it.