my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring rain brings pink joys...

Yesterday felt like Saturday. The kids didn't have classes due to the voting going on in the elementary schools in our town. It was a  nice day, despite the rain and dark clouds, we made the best of it. We took a quick trip to Lexington and had lunch together at Raising Cane's. Do you have one in your area? If you do, definitely check it out. They have the most amazing chicken fingers. That's all they sell, by the way, so don't go looking for a fish sandwich. lol They don't have it. You'll need MacDonald's for that. ha. Anyway, the kids loved their day off. I love having them around.


After that we grabbed some Red Box movies, cuz hey, they're a buck. You can't argue with that, just be sure to return them on time. :) You wouldn't want to be charged $24.99 for The Knowing or anything like that. Just sayin'.


Around my house there are flowers in bloom. Not many, mind you, because I have no green thumb, it's rather black, my thumb, but I like what's coming up in my flower beds...and what's going in. I have some flowers to plant. My favorite flower colors are pink and yellow...in any shade. I just love the color combination. It brings such joy to see when you've had a long day and you can sit on the porch in your rocking chair, sipping coffee and enjoying the day. :)


I'll be back with some out-the-door goodies. You won't want to miss them.

No comments: