my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I finally finished it...

My day has ended and with it The Time Traveler's Wife. What a lovely book. Most likely, knowing me, tomorrow when I begin to work I'll start it over again so that I can put the pieces together neatly in my mind. Have you ever read a book or watched a movie and it went by so quickly the first time, that you missed most of the best parts. Your mind was racing during that first run-through and a second reading would make it all the more enjoyable? It would put to rest the idea that you'd missed something. That's what I'll do tomorrow, begin again.

I have to say, it was so beautifully presented, beautifully narrated, beautifully written. It surprised me that it was the writer's first book, as with Stephenie Meyer, Twilight was her first book, but Audrey Niffenegger's writing style is vastly different. It almost sings in a way that I cannot describe, it dances and flows like water running down stream. It winds it's way to open spaces and fills up the empty parts with sunlight. You see everything so clearly. And of course, it really makes you think that time-travel is completely possible.

It makes me excited for the movie but then I worry that they'll ruin it somehow. ::sigh:: I'm crossing my fingers, hoping it will be a good one. :)

Of course you know a bracelet is coming about it... I have to make one. I just have to.

No comments: