my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tribeca Treats is on my list!

When I finally get to New York with Jeff, who has never been, I plan on stopping into Tribeca Treats for some, well, treats. It's a cupcake shop, although they do make other things mind you, but I am only interested in the cuppie's. You can never go wrong with a good cupcake and I have long wanted to make these from Bakerella's recipe. They're on my list of things to "try". Just the sugar cookie "french fries" are adorable. These look like they would be the best afternoon "project" and you know how I love a good project. :)

Speaking of projects, I finished painting the chair I stole took got from my mom last weekend. It's now black, it was maple wood. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking, YOU PAINTED OVER MAPLE? Yes. I did. And? Yeah. I thought so. lol It looks far better than it did and the black makes it look elegant with a touch of shabby chic, and that was the look I was going for. :) Success! All I need to do now is finish the cushion, but that will have to wait until this evening or tomorrow, I don't know. Whenever I get time. :)

I'll have earrings sometime today, but don't fence me in. lol I have been stressed lately with my workload and trying to get everything finished. ::sigh:: I think I'm angry about missing out on the entire Summer, but I'll get over it. We're planning a trip to Florida in October and I am looking forward to that, my first vacation in a few years. We're going to the beach... I hope the water will be warm.

Anyway, I need to scoot! I'll talk to you later! Have a nice day!

No comments: