my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Plantation Resort, South Carolina-here we come!


Hello All!

I've been working on custom beads and orders this week, and am so glad to say that they're all turning out beautifully. :)

It's just 40 days until we head off for vacation, but we're not going to Florida as we originally planned. In my life something is always changing, get used to it. lol But, we're okay with this change... we're headed to South Carolina and we're staying at the Plantation Resort. We are SO excited. It's a mile off from the beach and the weather for that time of year is 77 to 82 degrees, so we're not talking sweltering heat. We had friends go to SC this Summer and it rained the entire time and the ocean was freezing due to an unusual cold front, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen to us. But the point is, you can get bad weather any ol' time, and I'm hoping that our week is wonderful and NOT rainy. :)

The kids are so excited they can't stand it. We're going with our good friends the Mix's and Chapman's, we met them several years ago when our kids began going to school together in the GATE program. I am thankful for that. They're some of the nicest people I've ever met. We are not going to be staying in the same condo's so we're sure to remain just as close after the trip. LOL!! (haven't you heard horror stories about friends vacationing together and then staying in the same condo and leaving as enemies? Yeah. We are havin' none of that!) Our boys get along great and the older daughter that's going is hoping to bring a friend. We are just so excited! :)

Well, I better go. Busy morning. :) I'll catch up with you all later.

No comments: