my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rafferty's Potato Soup Recipe

We're having Rafferty's potato soup for dinner tonight, Jeff's making it (of course), I just help.

The weather is very cold here today. When the kids leave for school I turn our thermostat down to 62 degrees because there is NO sense in heating a 2,800+ square foot home for just ME. I can put on boots. lol However, it put me in the mood for a nice thick, warm soup so when I mentioned it to Jeff he said, "what's that place you go with your friends to get potato soup?" and I looked up Rafferty's recipe online. I hope it comes out as good as it does in their restaurant. :)


If you have a location near you, check them out, it's one of my favorite places.
Here's the soup recipe, in case you're wanting to know. :)
6-8 potatoes, peeled/diced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 (8oz) package of philly cream cheese
1 1/2 stick of butter
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 1/2 cup milk
talk and pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic salt
In a large sauce pan cook potatoes & onions in only enough water to cover, When tender (But not mushy) add cubes of cream cheese. Remove from heat and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add butter, soups, milk & seasoning. Heat to serving tempt.
Rafferty's tops their potato soup with shredded cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of real bacon pieces. I think sour cream might be nice too, don't you? :)
What are you having for supper?

No comments: