my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Monday, February 15, 2010

Braces. Fixed Furnace. Snow.

Today was an exciting morning (to say the least). The weatherman forecasted that we would have at least 4" of snow with the possibility of 8" inches in the next two days. That's a lot of snow for us, because we usually only get 2-3" tops at one blow.

We were worried that the snow would hinder Natalie's last ortho appointment...this was the big appointment. The one she's been waiting on for almost two years. In the Spring of her 2nd grade she got braces put on to correct a cross-bite and here we are nearing the Spring of her 4th grade year and she's finally getting them removed. Finally. It's all so exciting!

Eventually she'll need more work on her teeth but for now this is it and we are so happy for her!

So. We awoke to mounds of snow. Mounds. I was thinking that we wouldn't be able to get her to the appointment but my hubby, being the brave and crazy guy that he is, said that my little Nissan Cube would do a great job (bein' front wheel drive and all) in the snow. Natalie was thrilled, dancing a jig. So off they went. About forty minutes later they called to say that she had made it and the roads were indeed bad but the main ones were okay.

:)

I remember when I got my braces off and how weird and naked your teeth feel. She's going to love it!

While they are out running around today, Jeff is picking up a part for our furnace (that's still on the fritz) but it will be just fine later today. Can't wait! Then my studio room will be warm (right now it's a chilly 54 degrees...yikes).

The little girls are out in the snow. Nathaniel too but he's with some friends up the street, probably building a fort there's so much snow. I hear girls giggling downstairs so I'm guessing they're all inside now.




This is outside my door.
Where did the road go?


This is our back yard. Lots of snow.

We're sure to have another snow day tomorrow...I'm not exactly thrilled about this because it messes up all my plans. Jack and Claire might be enjoying all this hullabaloo but I sure am not. lol However, I have to tell you that it's really nice to have my family here so much and being "out of routine" is crazy but well, fun too. I can't explain it. I'm sure I'll get bored of it soon. lol

Just got a call from Jeff and Nat. They're at the Kroger's in Versailles so they're about five minutes from home. Yay! I can't wait to see Natalie's smile. I'll post pictures!

Have a great day wherever you are.

xoxo.


No comments: