my shoppe              contact me              newsletter              my studio              about lampwork

Friday, April 16, 2010

Twelve years ago today...

Our firstborn came into this world. As a little fella he was so sweet. One of my favorite memories of him was a trip to the park. Upon entering the park, not knowing a single child on that playground, he turns to me and says, "Mommy! Look at all my friends!" He's still like that today.... makes friends easily and enjoys life to the fullest.

During the Summer of 2008 he asked Jeff and me if he could grow his hair long. I thought, why not, since he's hot-blooded like his parents so he'll surely get tired of all that long hair hanging about. Plus, I never in a million years thought he'd stick with it since it's difficult to "keep up". Boy, was I wrong. Here we are, almost two years later and he still has long hair. I can't fuss at him though, his grades are beyond excellent and he never gets into any trouble... however, one of his faults is driving his sisters crazy. :) (I don't know that I can blame him though... lol)

Even though I'm going to a Girl Scouts event tonight, Jeff and I are going to take him out for lunch since I decided he could play hooky from school today. :) Shhh! Don't tell. He got to sleep in!

Another big event today is my folks' 40th anniversary. I can't believe it! Forty years is pretty big, people. I mean... FORTY YEARS! They're coming tomorrow to spend the day with us and so we'll be celebrating! Time sure does fly.

Hey, do you notice all my Mom's byLGD bling? She's my best customer. I don't even want to tell you how many sets she owns. :)

Happy Birthday Nathaniel! Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! I'm so glad we'll have a wonderful weekend of fine weather!

Be back in a jiffy!

xoxo
laurie

3 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

HB to Nathaniel and a wonderful anniversary to your parents. You have a lovely family.

Amy uy said...

Happy Birthday Nathaniel!!! Love the long hair and it suits you!!
Happy 40th Anniversary to your parents! What an awesome milestone!!
My parents hit 47 years when my Mom Passed Away and it is such an accomplishment in this day to last as long ad our parents have!
I wish your Mom and Dad Many more Happy years together! They are Blessed!!!

Bobbie Pene said...

Life moves so fast - capture each moment you can and savour them. Before you know it you will be writing about your grandchildren, and wandering - when was it exactly that your children grew up? I just can't keep up with my own children - 13 years, 10 years and two years. It only seemed like yesterday that number 1 was born!